Pastel Journal magazine is calling for entries, for 2023 to its annual International Painting Competition called Pastel 100, which is now in its 25th year.
The Competition offers cash and publicity to its talented winners and is open to artists from any part of the world, older than 16.
In addition to the multiple top cash prizes, all top prize winners and place winners will be featured in the Spring 2024 issue of the Pastel Journal magazine.
Twenty-five (25) category prizes will also be awarded – to the first five winning works in each of the five competition categories.
Entries can be submitted in the following categories:
- Animal/Wildlife — Any animal in any setting
- Abstract/Non-Objective — Judged on the artist’s use of design, texture, media, lighting and special techniques
- Landscape/Interior — Any landscape, from city scenes to imaginary horizons
- Portrait/Figure — Individual or group portrait and figure entries
- Still Life/Floral — Judged on overall design, unique arrangement of subject matter, handling of medium, lighting and mood
Work must be at least 80% soft pastel; no oil pastel. Nupastels and other “harder” pastels are considered soft pastels.
Winners will be notified by phone or email by December 2023.
Pastel Journal, the host of the Pastel 100 competition is America’s leading magazine devoted to pastel artists.
Pastel 100 – 2023 Competition Entry Fees
- Super early-bird entries start at $15 per image – until 25th April 2023.
- All early-bird entries start at $25 per image – until 25th July 2023.
- The regular entry fee starts at $30 per image.