BSBI is proud to offer a master’s programme in Visual Communication in partnership with the University for the Creative Arts (UCA). This programme is offered as part of BSBI’s Faculty of Creative Industries in Hamburg, Germany. Save up to 33% on tuition fees! Terms and conditions apply*.
|Price||€12,600 (international students)|
€8,000 (EU students)
|Awarded by||University for the Creative Arts (UCA)|
On this 18-month programme, you will explore the ways in which you can convey messages and meaning through a diverse range of media – from illustration and motion to digital – and you’ll be encouraged to develop new skills to strengthen and inform your design language.
This programme pushes students to investigate and further their knowledge of the possibilities of the fast-evolving creative industry, while refining their mindset with the dedicated support from our expert faculty who have a wealth of industry experience. Your learning will be enhanced through a well-informed magnitude of contextual and contemporary engagement in order to develop convincing proposals and solutions in the field of Graphic Design, Illustration, Animation and Visual Communication in general.
Your learning experiences will be enriched studying in Hamburg, one of Europe’s most exciting creative and leading industry hubs which is in close proximity to the start-up capital of Berlin!
The Annual Student Survey 2021 revealed that:
- 89% Satisfied with the efficiency and friendliness of the BSBI staff overall – Source: BSBI 2021 Annual Student Survey
- 88% Satisfied with the assistance provided in terms of Visa Guidance, including SERS Immigration Support – Source: BSBI 2021 Annual Student Survey
*Terms and conditions:
- To secure the offer, a minimum deposit of €2,000 must be paid before the deadline.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or scholarships.
- Terms and conditions of the Study Agreement are still applicable.
- This offer is effective from 01 January 2023 to 30 June 2023.
Minimum age: 21
Academic qualifications:Strong undergraduate degree from a recognised university or equivalent qualification in the subject or a related discipline.
If you do not meet the academic requirements, you may be assessed based on 3 years of relevant work experience (illustration, animation, graphic design or general visual communication), demonstrating your ability to study at postgraduate level.
English Language Requirements:
Official English Tests:
- IELTS – minimum OS 6.0 (with min 5.5 in each component);
- Password test – minimum OS 6.0 (with min 5.5 in each component);
- PTE (Academic) – minimum OS of 56 (with min 51 in each component);
- TOEFL IBT OS 80 (Listening 17, Reading 18, Speaking 20, Writing 17);
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) or Cambridge English Proficiency OS 69 (min 162 in each component);
- LanguageCert International ESOL SELT OS B2 Communicator High Pass (min 33 in each component);
- Duolingo test with an overall score of 105;
- Applicants who achieved a bachelor’s degree or above* from a recognised university (according to ECCTIS UK), where the Method of Instruction was entirely in English (teaching and assessment) must submit a Medium of Instruction Letter;
- Canadian nationals who have completed a bachelor’s degree at an English-speaking university must submit a Medium of Instruction Letter;
- West African Certificates (WAEC AND NECO only) as a stand-alone with a minimum of C6 in English and issued within the last five years. Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) is also accepted with an overall grade C or above. For Tanzania and Cameroon, we request an IELTS (or equivalent certificate);
- WAEC/NECO must be enhanced by a successful (50%+) Internal English Assessment if issued more than five years ago;
- Cambridge IGCSE, Cambridge AICE certificates;
- International Baccalaureate Diploma can be accepted if: English Syllabus A: Standard or Higher Grade 4, or above and English Syllabus B: Standard Grade 5 or Higher Grade 4, or above;
- Nationals of a majority English-speaking country who have taken their academic qualifications in that country, do not need to sit an English test (Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, Malta, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, UK and USA)
*Above bachelor’s degree can be postgraduate certificate, postgraduate diploma, master’s degree, etc.
Documents: For this course, we’ll need to see your portfolio for review. We’ll invite you to attend an Applicant Day so you can have your portfolio review in person, meet the course team and learn more about your course. If you would prefer to upload a portfolio digitally, there is also the option to submit it online via our BSBI Submission Portal. Further information will be provided once you have applied.