Nes is a process-oriented residency that strives to cultivate an environment where artists can craft their experience as they wish; whether that may be through conceptual development, research, or intervention and experimentation, artists have the utmost freedom while in residence at Nes. The residency’s structure is therefore left open in order to cater to individuality and spontaneity. We work to provide a safe space where all art forms, intellectual and creative pursuits, methods of artistic investigation, and aesthetic inquiry are accepted, nurtured, and celebrated.
As a remote residency located in a unique, stunning, and challenging environment, Nes encourages artists to draw inspiration from place and take advantage of the solitude (and presence) our surrounding environment provides. Nes allows all artists to enter into an immersive space so that the artistic process can develop and thrive. We also encourage and welcome community engagement; Nes has an intimate relationship to the community of Skagaströnd, and places emphasis on collaboration of all kinds.
We encourage artists of all métiers, both emerging and professional, to join us at Nes with a sense of curiosity and drive to connect with this special place as part of a personal experience and artistic development.
Duration of residency: 1-3 months
Disciplines: NES is a multidisciplinary residency. We accept applicants from all creative fields and career stages. Additionally, we offer a writer-in-residence program in collaboration with the University of Iceland; likewise, we are able to coordinate access to additional facilities for dancers, composers, musicians, filmmakers and researchers, or anyone who might require additional space to work.
Fees: Residency fees include a room in a shared artist house + one studio space:
- 750 EUR for a single room for one person, one bed, one studio space in open plan communal studio.
- 1025 EUR for one double room for two persons, two beds, one studio space in open plan communal studio.
- 1050 EUR for a single room for one person and private dance studio.
- 1,350 EUR for one double room for two persons, two beds and private dance studio.
- 1,300 EUR for one double room for two persons, two beds, two studio spaces in the open plan communal studio.
Deadline: 18 November 2018